Sam Abel, CPC's Middle School Ministry Director, joins Kevin and Brandon for this week's episode. Listen as they talk through Sam's sermon last Sunday and the impact of Jesus' ability to bring restoration in scripture and our lives.
Introduction - 0:17
- A little about Sam Abel, Middle School Ministry Director.
Jesus’ Restoration in Scripture - 12:25
- Jesus takes personal responsibility for the lepers’ restoration.
- Mark demonstrates the kingdom of God through Christ’s restoration.
- The physical and spiritual need for restoration
Jesus’ Restoration in Our Lives - 22:03
- Who have we banished?
- How can we move toward people the way Jesus did?
- What areas do we avoid in our lives and how do we learn to face it head-on?
Resources & References
- He Is Able - The Maranantha! Singers
- God of this City - Chris Tomlin
- Rivulose - marked with irregular, narrow, sinuous, or crooked lines
- GoFundMe for Sam’s Dish Gloves
- Sozo (greek) - to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction.
- “People are hard to hate up close. Move in.” from Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown (researcher, speaker, & author)
- John 5 - The man healed at the Pool of Bethesda