CPC’s Vision Director Rachel Almeida joins Kevin and Brandon to talk through this past Sunday’s sermon. They explore what it looks like to practice the kingdom and find connection with God in a world constantly competing for our attention.
Silence, Solitude, and Hurry-Sickness - 5:40
- The importance of silence and solitude in modern life.
- How can we move out of hurrying and into the presence of God?
Disconnect to Connect with God - 18:10
- Eremos: How Jesus practiced the Kingdom.
- The role of prayer in connecting us to God.
What does this look like in real life? - 26:50
- The practice of prayer and teaching our brains to tune in.
- Engaging with Jesus versus performing for Jesus.
- “Can you ever really imagine Jesus busy? When you think about the life of Jesus, you can’t ever really imagine him rushing around.”
- “Solitude affords us that opportunity to unplug to both assess our life as well as become comfortable with inefficiency.”
- “If we want the life of Jesus, we have to take on the lifestyle of Jesus” - Dallas Willard
- “The more I’m connected with God, the more I have his perspective and his priorities… from that flows everything else.”
Resources & References
- The Difference between Busy and Hurry (article)
- Eremos meaning
- Dallas Willard - theologian and philosopher